SEERS is offering up to four student travel awards of $300.00 each to qualifying students attending the 50th Anniversary Meeting of SEERS in Savannah, GA, March 21 –23, 2024. To qualify for a student travel award, students must:
- Be enrolled at a college or university for the Spring 2024 semester;
- Be a SEERS member in good standing at the time of the meeting;
- Be registered for the SEERS Meeting and have submitted an abstract for presentation (oral or poster) by the student at the meeting;
- Submit SEERS Student Travel Award Application Form with attached abstract by February 23, at 5:00 PM.
- All information on application form must be complete.
- Your Advisor’s signature must be on application.
- Failure to meet these criteria will disqualify the student from a travel award.
Please note that only one award can be granted per presentation. Also, students receiving awards must be present to give their presentation at the published time. For posters, the official presentation time will be the time during which posters are being judged regardless of whether the poster is entered in the student competition. If more applications are received than the number of grants available, priority will be given (a) to students who have not won an award in the past two years and (b) based on financial need.
The Form with advisor’s signature and attached abstract must be emailed by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 23, 2024, to Amanda Kahn (email@example.com). PDF files are preferred. You may direct any questions to Amanda Kahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the deadline.